We will be having another in-person service this upcoming Sunday (5/17/2020). Please read the following guidelines:
- Anybody who wants to come should come; if you feel it is not appropriate to come, then do not. (The service will be live-streamed to its usual spot: https://www.youtube.com/gccsatx/live)
- If you have been directly exposed to anybody with the virus or if you have any sort of symptoms at all, we ask that you do not come.
- We are asking that people strive to respect social distancing. The chairs will be situated in a way to honor this.
- If you want coffee, please be sure to bring your own, we will not be serving breakfast snacks or coffee.
- We will be taking the Lord’s Supper at 11 am. We will not be passing the plates around, but the deacons are taking many precautions to ensure that as they walk through your row and you take the elements that there is no spread of germs happening.
- What about masks? The Texas Governor’s recent May 5th statement says, “…consider wearing cloth face-coverings (over the nose and mouth) when entering a church, congregation, or place of worship, or when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s household.” (https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Church-Worship-Attendees.pdf) The wording says that wearing a mask is something to individually “consider”, as opposed to the slightly stronger language of, “recommend”. So we are following in suit with them: consider wearing a mask.
- Please be sensitive to people in the area of social distancing. Whether you view the COVID-19 virus as blown out of proportion or you are on the other side and view people not taking it seriously enough… what we all should view seriously is our call to love the brethren and maintain unity.